Reservation Golf Club was established in 1895.
In 1887 Charles King bought up property at the head of the harbor near the mouth of the Mattapoisett River and built a large summer home known as the Reservation, so named as this area at the mouth of the river had been a favorite camping ground for the Wampanoags in years past. Mr. King was a golfer and laid out a course that continues to this day. Since then, it has been known as the Reservation Golf Club.
Reservation Golf Club is a 9-hole private course/club that features 2,788 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 35 on the back nine with amazing views of Mattapoisett Harbor, Eel Pond and the Mattapoisett River.
– Kind Regards,
Reservation Board of Governors